WTF, WordPress?

Well. I had a post all ready to go for this morning, but WordPress keeps deleting it whenever I try to publish it. (Luckily I wrote it in Word, which I learned to do after WordPress pulled this nonsense a few times last spring.) And I must say: even though I didn’t lose the content of the post, having WordPress delete it three times is effing infuriating.

It doesn’t help that I didn’t get enough sleep again last night (insomnia is my nemesis), which means I’m uber-cranky this morning.

So, WordPress, you’re on my sh*t list this morning. You’re on there along with the wind chill (which is very, very cold), the bus (which has been very, very inconsistent), the fact that the aforementioned WordPress nonsense means I’m now going to be late to work, and a handful of other things.

Anyways, it’s going to be a “try really hard to a) be productive, and b) not be grouchy” sort of day. When days like this strike, I try to focus on the good things, no matter how small. So, knowing that, the things not on my sh*t list today are: caffeine, the trashy celeb gossip mags I’ll read this afternoon when I’m at the gym, and the Icy Hot soothing my sore left hip after yesterday’s run along around the monuments. Oh, and Whole Foods’ curried pumpkin soup. That stuff is delish.

Soooo…soup, Icy Hot, Us Weekly, and caffeine: here’s to you, my friends.

14 thoughts on “WTF, WordPress?

1. Nicole @ Work in Sweats Mama December 12, 2013 / 9:26 am

Hear, hear! Here’s to fabulous friends, guilty pleasures, caffeine in all its glorious forms and soup! Mmmm, soup. Oh, and ICY HOT. Awesome! I used to stink up the joint when I’d slather massive amounts of that awesomeness on my bum shoulder.

• Lillian @ Seize the Latte December 13, 2013 / 7:02 am

Right?! I’m pretty sure I’ve spent the last 36 hours smelling like an old arthritic man due to all the Icy Hot I’ve slathered on my hip. I’m sure Brandon loooooooooooved it.

2. Davida @The Healthy Maven December 12, 2013 / 9:34 am

WordPress was on my shit list for the first 3 days I transferred to it. So far it’s been cooperating but I was one serious sass monster for a few days. But here are the things that are currently on my shit list:

Cold. WTF Canada.
    My damn hip/back/possibly psoas which won’t heal
    My laziness preventing me from making my lunch today so now I have to spend money I don’t have
    Miley Cyrus…always.
    My supervisor
    The A/C unit at my office which is blowing cold air on me while it is ZERO degrees outside. not cool.

• Lillian @ Seize the Latte December 13, 2013 / 7:01 am

OMG, your shit list made me laugh out loud. Miley Cyrus is always on mine now too — I can’t (CAN’T!) deal with her perpetually sticking her tongue out in pictures. I mean, look, I get it, you’re super cool and badass, but you’re not Gene Simmons. I really like Gene Simmons, and I get tired of his whole tongue sticking-out routine — so Miley’s makes me want to throw things. And, um, why do A/C units go completely haywire like that? And when they do and employees are on the brink of hypothermia, why does no one rush to fix them? I feel like people deserve not to freeze to death indoors, soooo…somebody needs to fix that nonsense, stat.

3. ari @ whatarisaid December 12, 2013 / 9:41 am

That suuuucks. My WordPress has been cooperating but I always wonder when it’ll stop. Wind chills suck. I had to have outside duty this morning in feels like temps of freezing.. I couldn’t feel my toes when it was over. Grr. Have a better day!

• Lillian @ Seize the Latte December 13, 2013 / 6:58 am

WordPress is weird like that — I figured that the issue was that I was trying to import a post from Word, but I’d already inserted pictures — and apparently WordPress was having none of it. It’s ridiculous sometimes.

And OMG, wind chill is the worst. I can handle the cold — it’s when it’s cold and windy that things get really painful. Hopefully today you’ll be able to retain feeling in your toes! :)

4. chasingchels December 12, 2013 / 9:50 am

Aw hun, I’m sorry wordpress sucked at life this morning and got the day off to a rough start! Hugs your way and hoping that the day gets better!

• Lillian @ Seize the Latte December 13, 2013 / 6:55 am

Thanks, hon — it was “one of those days,” so I took solace in hitting the gym. :) WordPress seems not to be sharting the bed anymore this morning, so that makes things better. :)

5. readaholic31 December 12, 2013 / 11:57 am

I’ve got an inflamed nerve in my tooth which feels a bit like the cartoon characters who get hit and then you see the red throbbing toe or something so my hot water bottle, hot tea and soup were my friends today!

• Lillian @ Seize the Latte December 13, 2013 / 6:54 am

Gah, that sounds awful! Nerve pain is hideous, so I hope it either goes away soon or you’re able to see a dentist who fixes you up ASAP!

• Lillian @ Seize the Latte December 13, 2013 / 6:53 am

Love/hate, indeed — I figured out that it was something about the pictures I was trying to import that messed everything up. Why does it have to be so finnicky?!

6. Jen@PregnantDiabetic December 12, 2013 / 2:49 pm

That sucks! Hopefully WP gets their shit together!!! I woke up to -5 this morning, that qualifies as holy shit COLD!

• Lillian @ Seize the Latte December 13, 2013 / 6:52 am

Hi, Jen — thanks for stopping by! WordPress seems to have healed itself, thankfully, so I don’t have to spend this morning yelling at the computer. :) And OMFG, -5 is obscene! That’s the sort of weather that makes it nearly impossible to get out of bed in the morning. Oy!